un known brusing?

I want to say about a month or two ago my son got a bruise that looked like some one bit him. I thought my oldest had gotten to him, and stupidly thought no more about it. It never went away. It turned red instead of being gone. I looked at his arm today and he has bruises that look like pin pricks on his arm by the old bruise that looks real fresh.. they are blueish. One set looks like a circle (not a ring worm.. i know what those are) and then just other random pin prick looking bruises. Then on his back he has a little red mark that i have not seen before. We are taking him to the doctor tomorrow, to see what is going on. Does this sound familiar to anything?? oh, all the marks to can tell they are not formed onto the skin like a scar.. even the bite mark looking one. Thanks for any advise

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Make sure to get blood work..Not to scare you but with Leukemia sometimes bruising like that occurs.

Anonymous

• Has he been really tired lately? Not to scare you or anything but I know someone that has a child that started to get bruises for no reason & such & it turned out to be Leukemia. Good Luck at the doctor's visit.
    Anonymous

• Get blood work done to rule out Leukemia.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• That is a sign of different sicknesses, but he may be just fine and be hitting his arms on stuff without you noticing or him telling you. My daughter bruises easily and she is always hitting her legs and arms on stuff. Just tell the doctor the symptoms and they will do what is best for him. = )

Good luck! = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I am not sure of what it could be? But you need to take him to the doctor....They are right about leukemia but, it can something simple like iron deficiency. How alomg has this been going on?Does he have any other symptoms?
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 6:27 AM on Mar. 11, 2010

• *sigh* so I took my son to the doctor. Instantly he said we were abusing our child.. :( no blood test no questions about the bruise or anything... now I am soo sad.. i hope he doesn't do anything. I mean, dont get me wrong... Child protection is more than welcomed to come here, talk to the kids and search their bodies. I have NOTHING to hide.. it's just I loved who I was bringing my children to and I trusted that I could bring him stuff like this. I understand if something looks like abuse that have to report it.. but this is only in one spot.. no finger prints, no whelps no nothing.. I hope this is not thrown out of proportion. i went to go seek help for my child.. not have horrid accusations against me.. plus, IF i did beat my child (which I assure you i dont) why in the world would I bring him to the doctor for a small bruise that i know that I made?? I understand if my child had an arm out of socket and I said he fell.con
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• it could be something as simple as he has a little vitamin deficiency or hes just very tender.. IDK but he didn't even check it out. The idea of ME doing that to him on accident is saddening to me... but we do play with him and if he does bruise easily.. well.. then I would have known to be much softer with him...:( I understand his concern.. but would he rule out all other factors first??
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2010

• take your son to a second opionion....
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2010