Would you choose creamation or burial, and why?

twin_mommy

Asked by twin_mommy at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I will be buried. I have friends cremated and seeing their family members struggle to connect with their memory and honor, it's easier to get a comfort after death from being in a cemetery with your loved one's body because of memories as a human in a body than to get comfort at a memorial garden. Most times mourners of loved ones gone will see several other people in a cemetery honoring their deceased loved ones than there are ever randomly mourners getting comfort from a cremation memorial garden anywhere.

Death is Not only about the dying, the deceased. Death is very much about those remaining behind and handling memories and getting comfort even years and years later.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would like to be cremated....my reasons are that I do not want to be in the ground, in the dark, in a toxic box, using up the land and rotting slowly away. I also don't want a 'viewing', just a memorial with pictures.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i dont care what happens to my body. i would like my family to choose what to do with it. which ever will help them with their mourning is good with me, since i will be dead and all.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• miles ans miles of land are wasted saving corpses...i believe in cremation because there is not enough room to save every corpse
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Have me cremated and then toss my ashes off of the north rim of the grand canyon...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I think I will be cremated... that way my ashes can be scattered somewhere beautiful or kept in a urn somewhere... Its cheaper and I don't like the idea of my body in some box in the ground rotting. I'd rather get it all out of the way. Not that I will care... being dead and all... but the idea NOW when I'm ALIVE.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i honestly have no clue yet. SO wants to be cremated because it's cheaper LOL. I dont like the idea of being stuck in a box. I'll be dead and won't care, but still...lol. I'd prefer being thrown in a dirt hole by a tree so I can be with nature always, or die alone in the woods and recycle as food for wild animals...but it probably wont be that way. I'd like to be buried with family, or cremated and spread in the adirondack wilderness i guess.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ever hear of life gems? I think it's kind of cool. They take your cremated remains and press them into a diamond. They turn out yellow or blue and then they have all kinds of jewelery they can put it in. If you look online there are other strange alternatives too. You can get a painting with your remains mixed in the paint. Really I don't know what will ever happen to me. Most likely it will end up being whatever is cheapest for my family.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't think it really matters as I'll be dead but creamation is cheaper, saves space, etc. If I got to choose though I would donate my body to science.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I want to be cremated, as for what is done with my ashes I don't really care, I'll leave that up to my family. And I don't buy that it will be harder for my loved ones to connect with my memory. My Granny and my Mom have both been cremated and I have no problem remembering them and honouring their memory's. Remembering my loved ones has no connection to where they are buried or if they were cremated or embalmed. It has to do with my feelings for them, what I felt for them while they were alive and how I keep those feelings now that they're gone. I have not been to my paternal grandpa's grave in almost 20 years, but it doesn't affect how I remember him or how I still miss him or what I feel/felt for him. All of that is in my heart, not in some box buried in the ground.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2010