9 day old baby puked?

she didnt just spit up...she puked. is this ok, why did she puke? she didnt just eat either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is formula fed it is likely that she ate too much earlier or that the kind of formula doesn't agree with her, or if she is BF then you ate something that isn't agreeing with her, if there is no fever or anything else it has to do with what she is eating.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• my son used to do this I found he wasn't get burped good enough.. try feeding the baby half the bottle burp then fed the rest then burp again.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 5:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• also, no reason for alarm, but if it continues the baby could have a form of reflux. try to burp her more often. if she is continually spitting up or throwing up, call ur doc and tell them ur conserns.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My daughter was breastfed and had this problem and started when she was 10 days old. Hers was the tiny flap that closes her stomach from her esophagus was not matured enough and didn't always close. I would call her doc to let a nurse know and discuss it with a nurse....especially if she does it again. With my daughter, because she vomited so much, she had to take meds to reduce the acid from such frequent spews. After she eats make sure you keep her propped up, and if possible when shes sleeping too...and make sure she burps. Sleep her on her side so she doesn't choke if she's on her back. But the best advice will come from your doc.

Anonymous