2 month olds are supposed to take naps, right?

anyone here speak baby? Want to call and tell that to my baby?

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try swaddling if you aren't. And try soothing your baby to sleep within 1-2 hours of waking. Take a look at "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" -- NOT a cry it out book as I've seen some people on here claim. He has good advice on what can happen when babies get overtired and aren't getting the help they need to fall asleep (I don't mean to suggest you aren't trying...). At 2 months you should be trying any sleeping arrangement that works, including swings, carseat, swaddling, rocking... Babies your child's age definitely need help. We had to bounce our swaddled daughter up and down and physically shut her eyes for her to get her to sleep at that age.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Try to make the room dark, cool, and quiet, and see if that won't calm your baby enough to sleep. They go through stages where they are afraid to sleep because they will miss out so make the room boring and calm. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010