How can I help my daughters

Is there any way to help my girls breathe easier and help them get over our sickness. I have a humidifier,a breathing thing that puts stuff in the air to help breathe, their beds elevated. One is on antibiotics and the other isn't and hopefully not any time soon. they are 4 and 2. I am not looking for medicines but We are wheezy, runny noses, and coughing like crazy. I feel bad for them that I can't help them get over this or help it along. Any suggestions please. Thanks

ascmyworld

Asked by ascmyworld at 5:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Get the bathroom real steamy from a hot shower & have them sit in it for a few minutes.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• vicks??? have they been tested for allergies? that may be the cause. find out if it is allergies, then take meds or shots, or avoid the cause. thats the only thing i can think of. sounds like u are doing everything right tho... dont forget lots of water
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The one who isn't on anti-biotics should take extra Vit A, Vit D and Vit C. ...the reason why you shouldn't do that with the one who is on anti-biotics is because Vit C (and possibly other vits) interfere with the medication.
    other then that just make sure you all get lots of rest and plenty of water.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• chicken soup, they need lots of liquids
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 5:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010