moms on strike in the 80s

remember in the 80's and there was all this talk of mom's going on strike- there were after school specials, stuff on the news, you name it.

did anyone here ever do that or know anyone that did? How did it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It backfired for many women. However, it helped us learn to go in to a relationship with setting boundaries. Waiting until years after marriage and children to complain about it just doesn't work. I believe there may have been a spike in divorces over the striking thing too!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Nope. Did you try to google it?
    Anonymous

• OP- no, should I? I was just thinking of how my mom tried that and it backfired big time- she wasn't too happy.
    Anonymous

• So what did they strike from exactly? Strike from parenting? Wife/SO dudies?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• *duties :)
    MamaChamp

• I dont remember this lol but now I am curious, guess i am going to have to bing it lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OP-what happened back then was first for about a week she threatened that she'd go on strike.
    then she stopped doing certain things. for about 3 days & no one really noticed. She didn't cook anyway, so it wasn't like there was no dinner.

then I believe in her efforts to get our attention she started making a point of sitting on the couch going on about how nice it was to relax-
    still no response-

I just kept on cooking as usual and did more laundry without a word to mom about it.

this lasted about 10 days- ended when friends came in and made a point of saying how much nicer the house was looking these days- and my dad made a point of letting my mom know how much he appreciated all the extra hard work she had done to make things so much better.

it was more like opening eyes to all that oldest sis did - and less yelling.

My little brother's report card even got better

mom's still mad at me fo
    Anonymous