How can I help my daughters

Myself and my 2 daughters are sick. One is on an antibiotic and the other isn't. They are 4 and 2. We have a cool mist humidifier, elevated beds, a scented thing that puts menthol smell in the room. I just need ideas to help them maybe cough less or any idea to help them. I don't want to give them medicine which really I can't but something that could help ease some of it or something. Thanks for any advice

ascmyworld

Asked by ascmyworld at 5:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Didn't you post this already?
    Anonymous

• I gave my children honey and lemon, and it seemed to help the coughing. A teaspoon of honey mixed with a half teaspoon or so of lemon, and I'd give them just a tiny bit- maybe a quarter to a half teaspoon at a time.

Answer by Bmat at 5:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ice pops helps also ...soothes the throat and is great at keeping them hydrated if they won't eat or drink.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 5:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Sorry thought the 1st time I posted it that it didn't go through. No I don't use Vicks I know the risks with young kids. It is the battery operated little machine that takes the little menthol cartridge and a fan blows the smell out. The 4 yr old doesn't have allergies we had her tested.
    ascmyworld

Answer by ascmyworld at 9:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2010