How do I get rid of puffy eyes?

I think I wore my contact lenses too long on Saturday, and somehow I've ended up with puffy, swollen eyes (one is more swollen than the other). I've tried everything and I can't get rid of it. It doesn't appear to be an infection because my eyes aren't red or sensitive to light or anything like that. They're just... swollen. I tried ice, potato slices (I didn't have cucumber), I used antibiotic drops on Sunday and Monday in case it was an infection, but none of those things have worked. I'm supposed to have a second interview for a job tomorrow, and I really don't want to go in there with puffy eyes! My glasses cover it a little, but you can still tell they are puffy. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• lots and lots of water. drinking water reduces puffy swollen eyes. and stay away from irritants like smoke, allergy enducers (pollen) and try and get a lil more rest here and there. that always helps me.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• this site http://www.wikihow.com/Cure-Puffy-Eyes had some great ideas like using cold tea bags.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• yeah, tea bags are good or Oil of Olay has a roller ball thingey that is for that but it's like $21.00. Tea bags are cheaper!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Preparation H works wonders. SERIOUSLY!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I've heard of preperation H for eyes, that is interesting. Never tried it though Tea bags work well, just wet them & let them sit on your eyes for at least 20 min. (it must have some kind of actual tea, liek black or green tea. Herbal tea's will not work as good)or you could buy some eye cream that is made for puffy eyes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010