Another Incident-Toyota Acceleration

Anyone have a Toyota that has had problems?

Thoughts on what should be done? Sounds like this owner tried to get his auto serviced last week, but was turned away by the dealer.

Wonder if Toyota will go down for these known problems?

Sisteract

Asked by Sisteract at 6:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You know it is getting to where when I see a toyota on the road I just want to get away from them lol. I actually told my DH the other night "be careful there is a toyota next to us" he just laughed at me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 6:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• In addition, there are also some models that have problems with their brakes. Accelerator and brake problems. 2 bad strikes against consumer confidence.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Looks like the Feds have been dispatched to San Diego to examine the car in question. Here's what has been suggested:

1) Simultaneously apply the parking and standard brakes.

2) Put the car in neutral/ Activate flashers

3) Turn off the engine

4) Get on the shoulder, if possible

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have owned and will always own nothing other than a toyota.. I have 2 right now and love them. my husband also works for toyota and says they are doing eVERYTHING in their powere to correct these issues.. what i find interesting is NONE of this came about until after the government bought out GM.. the sad thing is ford and gm both have reported problems in the past of the same issues but no one ever made a huge deal about it- so I find that ironic... the news also isn't talking about the massive recall just made about the chevy and ponitac having steering issues... why is that? I think it is terrible people have lost their lives I think they said 24 since 2000 but what about all the deaths from other problems with vehicles? Toyota voluntarily recalled the vehicles not because they were required too.. all other companies have recalled because they were required to... anyways I <3 toyota!
    Anonymous

• I agree w/ anon. There are countless recalls out there with other companies and Toyota is doing what they can. I just bought my first Toyota (Sequoia) and love it. We got the pedal replaced two weeks ago as a precaution but haven't had issues. It is alarming that they aren't sure if it's the pedal or something else. Whatever the deal is, it's terrible and I hope they figure it out soon. But remember the tires a few years back that kept blowing out? If it's not one thing, it's another.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma. I make sure to drive on the side of the road where there is a guard rail. Just in case. I do LOVE my truck though. I hope they get everything all worked out.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If they want to improve their image, they need to get a new ad campaign out that changes their slogan, instead of tacking their old slogan onto their new "we're fixing them as fast as we can" commercials. Ending a commercial about a recall involving break failure with the slogan "moving forward" is not helping them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't understand why they didn't just fix the problem if it started back in 2000. Why did they keep building cars knowing they had this problem. That seems very irresponsible to me...sort of like Ford and their Pinto. IMO though, if people get killed and the company knew there was a problem..they deserve to have their feet held to the fire.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't think toyota knew the was a problem since 2000, they are reporting they have had 24 accidents causing deaths but didn't have a particular reason.. but I do find it interesting as well that nothing was ever said about toyota having any issues until after gm was bought by the government... sounds a bit fishy to me also.... I support toyota 100% and think they are definetly doing everything they can as quickly as they can to get the issues resolved.
    Anonymous

• The man in the incident today attempted to bring his Pryius into a dealership last week and was turned away (according to reports televised today). No reason given-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2010