help please

I need help my 6th grade daughter is being called a slut at school by a girl who used to be her friend, my daughter is in tears and the principal said she would just talk to the girl. Now if my daughter were to say that sh ewould get put in the office or skill building. This girl is saying my daughter slept with a 9th grader,she is dropping bombs on my girl and I'm so mad I could scream. Should I go talk to her mom face to face and bring my daughter their? Another thing is the girl keeps denying everything even though people have been telling the principal what she said. I told the principal to discipline this girl at once.. She said "oh I will talk to her and see whats going on. Well she was told whats going on and she to stop the bullying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• go directly to the child's mom
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Talking to the parents sounds like a good idea.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Also go over the principal's head to the superintendent of schools. A principal has to give equal treatment to all kids; if your daughter would have gotten a more severe punishment, the same must go for this girl.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• this is a situation that my kids school would involve the school counselor.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Most schools have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying. I am sorry that your child is going through this. You should definitely go over the principal's head on this; you must advocate for your child.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010