Multiple positive OPKs?

A friend of mine keeps getting positive OPKs (Ovulation Predictor kits). They've all been positive for over 3 weeks now. She's taken pregnancy tests and all have come up negative (but with her last pregnancy she didn't get a positive right away). Is there any way she could be pregnant? Anyone know for sure because I've seen both "yes" and "no." Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Also, make sure she is not peeing on them 1st thing in the morning. From what I've researched for myself, everyone has a little LH in their system and it's a higher level in the morning. It's confusing because pregnancy tests you are supposed to pee in the morning, but not these. Maybe this will help :) good luck to your friend!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 7:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Only a blood test can tell her for sure. But my experience with OPKs is that they are a waste of money.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes OPK's measure LH hormone and the pregnancy hormone HCG is almost identical to LH and an OPK will pick that up in much smaller amounts than a HPT will. She needs to have a blood test done. I had a good experience with OPK's that is how I conceived this time and how we tried to get a boy and got a boy yay.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2010