My husband's brother

My husband brother is in prision..and to make a long story short, we aren't really sure if he really did what he got in prisioned for. However, I don't know him very well, and I'm about to have a child. My spose recently told me he is going to get out of prison again soon (I guess the courts let them out every so often?). I'm worried, he could have anger issues, he told my spose point blank he'd punch him in the face next time he say him. (my husband has been nothing but kind to him) My husband wants to give his brother a chance, and I want to let him, but..again, I worry. I've spoken to him about it, but my spose just gets upset and starts saying when i tell him i'm worried, he feels like he can't try to help his brother if he needs it.
I really have no idea how to deal with this all, the best thing i've came up with is to write to his bro. while he is in jail to get to know him better. Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• You two can be supportive of brother when he gets out but I wouldn't push it. Many people need time to adjust when they get out. The transition is not easy so give the man some space then go slow.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I would tell you husband that your safety and the safety of your child and his safety are much much much more important that helping his brother, if his brother is violent he needs to let others help rehab him because he is not fit to be around you and your baby. That baby comes first no matter what end of story.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• @true-the problem is, I told him that the safety of our soon to be child, him, and me were very important to me, and that was a big deal. He still just got upset with me..He doesn't think his brother will be that mean.

I don't think he'll like try to hurt the baby..but i still worry about him trying to punch my husband..he has never actualy hit anyone..but he has defintly become more of an angry person since being in prison. He's punched out a wall before..and I really hate it when he threatens my husband (e.i. the punching thing.)
    Anonymous

• That is his brother, I would let them handle it.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010