Breast reduction: spinoff of tummy tucks question...

I have really been considering this, as I went from being 5'3 and 112 lbs, to 171 when I delivered my DS in 04-09, and now, 03-10, almost a year later, I'm still at 145.

The only reason I mention this is because my breasts are humongus, and super-embarrassing. It is painful to run/work out... they ache soooo sooo bad, and it is rather embarrassing trying to jump rope or use a treadmill at the gym... (not motivated enough yet to do it alone)

I went from a small 32C to a GRAND 34G. That is the equivalent of a DDDDD for those of you that don't know. And on a size 5 frame? I feel like friggin' Dolly Parton for crying out loud. She can handle those monsters, I, however, cannot.

Not on PA either... anyone have experiences with a reduction?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 6:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• sooo... according to http://everything2.com/title/Dolly+Parton, my boobs are actually BIGGER than hers.... ugh.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• yes, I had one - I am glad I did it, but I had problems with infections later and was so drugged up I didn't realize the trouble I was in- so I would say yes to the reduction, but be very careful in your recovery
    I am thrilled to be smaller! people don't realize what toll big breasts take on your back, shoulders, all kinds of things.

go for it, but make sure that someone can look over you in recovery- good luck!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• thank you for the support!

I get awful back aches, neck aches, and headaches. My skin is stressed, I have stretchmarks under my arms. It really sucks. Not to mention, when I'm not wearing a bra, I "carry" my boobs with one arm wrapped under them. Sad really.

I really thank you for your advice!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2010