what do you do to make your home more comforting?

For me a clean home is always more relaxing.my home is always "clean"..lol howver im looking for i guess "extra" comfort items? i am pregnant with my second AND third babies..so i feel like makingmy home more "comforting" to me and when my new little babies get here. an example would be like candles in my room and bathrrom, makingmy dining room a wake up room, also making things more accesible for when my twins arrive, (a rocking chair with a table next to it) what are some other ideas or things you have in yourhome that add that extra "homey" touch?

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 6:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Plants. New pant on the walls.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Meant,, new paint

• For me I like my house to smell good and I like my living room to feel comfortable, I dont like it to feel like nothing can be touched. I have lots of big pillows and throw blankets for family time when we watch movies. When my kids were smaller I kept two baskets one for toys and one for wipes diapers and any other baby stuff, then i put the baskets under a table so everything was easy to grab but out of the way. I like big comfy furniture and colors that make you feel peaceful and relaxed nothing to bright or bold.

I also keep snacks in a bowl on the dinning table, normally fruit, pkgs of nuts, or anything else my kids like. they know they can sit down and grab from the bowl and hang out in the kitchen with me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I also keep books in the living room so the kids and I can read at any time along with coloring books and crayons in the kitchen area so they can sit down with their snack and hang out. We dont keep our computer in any of those areas and I think that helps keep us from sitting down and zoning out on the computer,
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• rugs, LIVE plants, and new curtains.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Honestly, a little bit of untidyness helps me feel my home is a home. What I mean is, not worrying that every single baby or dog toy, etc is put away.
    Anonymous