5 month old..

how can i get my son to stay sleeping in his own bed? he's 5 months old and i feed him and change him then i rock him to sleep then put him in his bed but later on he wakes up wanting to sleep with me so i pick him up and lay him with me and he goes rite back to sleep. what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rock him again when he gets up. Don't let him sleep with you, even if it takes you getting up a lot. Eventually, he will learn, he has to sleep in his own bed. You may have to stay near his bed/crib for awhile, and yes, you'll have some sleepless nights, but it's better to kick this habbit now, then later when he is a toddler.
    madamlinwe

Answer by madamlinwe at 7:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You have to stop letting him sleep with you or he will keep doing it, just rock him, change him, and feed him to get him back to sleep on his own, when you give in you are setting yourself up for failure.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• get him a lovey.(a stuffed toy he gets attatched to) or a blankie. always put the lovey with him in bed. im really not much help because i co-sleep with my dd still at 2 1/2~!!! yikes! lolbut i have 2 new babies arriving in august so i will be trying this trick i just told you about. but really i dont think its a huge deal for him to want to sleep with you:) hes still very little.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I cosleep and see nothing wrong with it. Is there some reason why you want to stop.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Quit taking him in your bed.
    Anonymous

• We co-slept until my daughter was sleeping through the night on a regular basis. It was much easier for me! I was able to doze or sleep while she nursed during the night.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2010