do you let kids wear costumes to the store?

Like spider-man and princess outfits?
Certain family members don't like it, I saw that's the whole point of being a kid- being able to do things like that and not worry if people think you look silly. most of the time they just tell the kids they look pretty and cute.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It hasn't come up yet, but I can't imagine saying "No" to this. First of all, it's totally adorable. Second of all, it's part of letting kids express themselves in a healthy way. My brother used to wear his "Batman cape" (a towel safety pinned around his neck) EVERYWHERE. It was super cute, and he eventually out grew it.

The worst thing to come of it is one little old man in town who still remembers it and has to mention it to him whenever he sees him at the bank -- and honestly, that's pretty adorable too.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Sure, if they wanted to, then who cares?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I never did. I tried to teach my kids to dress a little better to leave home.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My first question is always..."How is this hurting anyone/anything?" and if it doesn't...well...life is short to begin with.
    Anonymous

• You pick your battles. In general, no, we don't do that. But if I had a child that was really determined to wear that costume I would have to ask myself "Is this worth fighting over?".
    Anonymous

^^
    This
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My daughter loves to go out in her Disney Store Snow White dress..I originally bought it for halloween but it cost 50.00 so darn right if she wants to look cute and go to the mall in it so be it, I'm getting my moneys worth and so many people comment on how cute she is!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Probably not. I'd think around the house is good,out not so much.I see these kids and know who's boss in that house!
    Anonymous

• Yup. DD loves to wear her princess dresses out and about.I don't see what anyone could find wrong about that.
    Anonymous

• I dont see anything wrong with it....hasnt come up yet, but i'd let mine if they were persistent about it. Why not? Not like were gonna meet anyone important while out and about! =)
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 7:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2010