mother visiting for the first time!

i live half way across the country from my parents and this summer my mother is flying out here when i have my babies! im excited, this will be the first time shes ever seen my house(or any home ive lived in!) when your mother first came to your home did you freak out a little? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I was excited as well and I made sure the house was perfection!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• not my mother but, when my grandmother showed up unannounced (she didn't really know she was comming either)... I kinda freaked out :-) luckly I was able to stall her in the yard while a friend who was visiting did major speed cleaning on the house!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I did major cleaning and organizing before she came. I wanted to show her that I was a good housekeeper. These days I vacuum and... um that's about it. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My mom lived in Washington state and we were stationed at Hunter Army Air Field in Savannah. The first time she flew down there I must have spent a whole month cleaning and scrubbing everything, I even did the oven and pulled the frig out and swept behind it.

She'd been there for all of 10 minutes when she picked up the broom and started sweeping the kitchen. "Don't you ever clean this place?" she said. I had a sudden urge to go to the bathroom so she wouldn't see me crying. My ex (DH at the time) told me that he almost put her stuff back in the car and took her back to the airport where she could sit for the next two weeks til her flight home.

The worst part is that I know that she use to leave dishes in the sink until they had mold on them before she'd wash them. And she had the gall to pick on me? Also found out she never did that to either of my sisters, just me.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My family are all still in Denmark, so my mom comes to visit once a yr. It's been 10 yrs. now and every fall(when she comes) I clean like crazy. Wan't so bad for the house to be perfect - LOL.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I'm living in Georgia and my mom is in Michigan... She's coming to visit in April and I'm already cleaning!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My Mom isn't living, so I can't relate to that one, but when HIS step Mom came over, I was a nervous wreck. I never knew I could speed thru cleaning that fast lol She is one of those women who's home is always perfect, nothing out of place, never anything less than perfect so no matter how much I clean, I know it'll never be as good as she could and would do but no matter what she thought, she was nice enough to not say anything about it to me and I was thankful for that :)
    But yea,, I wore myself out cleaning (they never called, and only lived about half an hour away so if I was lucky she showed up at SIL's first and I got a little bit of a warning they'd be there soon lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2010