having contration's to early

i am having contration's to early but they don't hurt that bad but why am i having contration's early? should i go to the hospital?

mommyloves621

Asked by mommyloves621 at 7:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should call your doctor. If they are too early they can give you medicine to stop them. They may also give you medicine to help the baby get stronger in case it comes early anyway. They may just be Braxton Hicks but it never hurts to ask your doctor.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• If they aren't regular like every so many minutes, then you can try drinking some water and resting. Some times dehydration will cause you to contract.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 7:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I remember in our birthing class they told us one way to determine if they are real or braxton hicks. Do the opposite of what you're doing... If you're sitting down get up and move around, if you are up and moving, sit down and relax! Good luck, mama!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• if they dont hurt they are probably braxton hicks but you should call your doctor and ask
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• if you are not due and having contractions you should be calling your oB to see what he wants you to do. Even if it turns out to be braxton hicks you better safe than sorry and delivering early.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i went to the er for stomach pains at 16 weeks turns out they were contractions and the er dr was spastic didnt know what to do put me on bed rest i called my dr the next moring he told me it was common to have contractions all through out your pregnancy cause of the uterus growing some ppl just feel it more then others this is my second and never felt it with my first but now im 20 weeks everythings fine but still feel them! so i would call your dr to be on the safe side but dont stress to much
    Anonymous

• OMG You JUST found out you are pregnant THIS week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are having cramping maybe you should schedule your FIRST appointment!

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2010