what should i do when my mom is making me really stressed these day.

she would rather go to bingo than come to the baby shower or the hospital why i have my baby.

sassy203

Asked by sassy203 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Health

• I understand how you feel. My grandmother refused to come to my baby shower b/c she had to get her hair done. With my mom recently I found that the best way to let her know how I feel is to write her a letter. I have a bit of an attitude and dont like to bring up certain issues as I know it will turn into a fight and do us no good. So I write it down, this helps take the attitude out and let her know how I am truely feeling. Good Luck hun!!!
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I have learned from my relationship with my mother (and a couple rounds of counselling) that my mother can't give me what I want. I want her to be loving toward me, interested in me. I want her to treat me like an adult. But, she just can't do that. The sooner you accept that your mother will not be able to give you what you want, the sooner you will feel better. I found that telling my mother how I felt only lead to arguments (and they were beauties I don't want to have in front of my kids anymore).
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2008