If you celebrate Ostara (pagans/wiccans) need some help for ostara thanks

What do you buy for it? How do you decorate your altar? I do not have much to spend so i wanted to see what everyone else does. I got my girls the normal eggs and dye to do. We have baskets from last year. I usually buy things from sacredmists.com but i cant right now. Any suggestions please!? thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only thing i buy for it is eggs. we blow them and decorate them. and then use them for all kinds of decorations all over the house.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We dye eggs as well and decorate our alter with seeds and new plants, flowers etc.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OP here-Can i buy any type of seeds from the market? like those little packets?
    Anonymous

• Any seeds will do. Do you garden? Blessing the garden is also a good practice.

Or telling the story (PG version) of Demeter and Persephone and reenact/celebrate Persephone's return.

Decorate the altar with white (for the Maiden) and pastels for new growth.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I dye eggs, but I am also working on plastered eggs as keep sakes too... I don't keep an alter up 24/7 with 4 kitties...
    I will start my herbs (in small pots) and decorate the house in pastel colors...
    if you google you can find some nice food recipes that you and the children can do together too.. I am making breads,
    and plan on a nice dinner...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010