Do you give your 9-10 month old water?

She is BF and eats a few small baby food meals each day...does she need water?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i do give water to my 7month oldsince she was like 3 months it helped her when she couldnt go poop
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I started giving dd water at 7 mos.... In a sippy and she loved
    it
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• the only way I give my daughter water is in a sippy cup.
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I did in a sippy cup from about 7 months. She didn't get into it until about 8-9 months, though. She never took a bottle (even of expressed milk). I bf her until 16 months and now she' s 18 months and only drinks water. And I mean not a sip of anything else!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Not really. I did put it in a sippy to teach them how to use the sippy, but they didn't drink much of it. An ounce or so every couple of days. Once they hit a year they started drinking more. I had one child who preferred water to anything else once we weaned off formula at a year. But at that age, being BF, if she's having adequate wet diapers a day, no, water isn't necessary. A couple ounces won't hurt though if you want to give it to her, or want her to learn how to use a sippy.
    Anonymous

• This is a good age to introduce a sippy or other cup with water; like solids, more for the experience at this age.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2010