Potty training going great, but what about preschool?

My daughter is doing awesome at potty training... she's in underwear all day, dry for naps, and today was our first day where she only went potty when SHE asked to go (not at our suggestion). She's young enough to still need an adult's help getting on and off the potty. She had one accident today right before bath time, but she actually had said "potty" before she did it, I just thought she was talking about something else.

Anyway, my question... how do I get her comfortable going potty at school? The first couple of times after she started training, they took her at regular intervals and she only had one wet pull-up, but last time she went, after one successful potty in the morning, she screamed if they tried to take her. I picked her up at 2:30 with a wet pull-up (not that wet, actually). How do I get her to go sit with them, let alone tell them she needs to go? I want to be able to be consistent with the undies ASAP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• that sounds more like daycare...

our preschools require the kids to be 100% potty trained, no pullups or diapers allowed.
    Anonymous

• how old is she?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• OP: Technically, it's nursery school. She's in the under two class. It's a mother's-day-out program, not daycare.
    Anonymous

• OP: 18 months.
    Anonymous

• You're going to bother those people with potty training when your daughter is 18 months?
    Anonymous

• OP: Thanks for all the help and support, ladies.
    Anonymous

• You might go in with them, and help your daughter before you leave to potty with them there...and explain to her that mommy has to go for a little while and that they are there to help her when she needs to potty. Just talking about it with her more often might make a huge difference. It can be hard on a lil one if they are not used to being around other ppl she is not always around. Good luck hun. And sorry these other ladies weren't very nice to you :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Every time, she goes potty, "BIG GIRL"

Say "VERY LITTLE" about anything.

Just act like it never, happen, the more you focus on the issue, the more it will back-fire on you.
    whyme48

Answer by whyme48 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 10, 2010