How soon after a misscarriage can you start trying again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There are a couple of reasons that drs want you to wait at least one normal cycle after your m/c -- the main one being that if there is any tissue retained, it will be flushed out in that first cycle and not cause problems with any pregnancy... some ask you to wait two or three just to be sure that emotionally you're ready. It is entirely possible to get pregnant before your first cycle, and I've known a couple of women who did and they had no physical problems at all. My body ended up waiting one cycle on its own, although I wouldn't have minded getting pregnant again immediately. I have some more info somewhere, PM me if you have questions or need to talk.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i started to ttc a month after i had my miscarriage, but i was only 6 weeks along when i lost...
    Anonymous

• The same as after you have a baby full term.

Answer by louise2 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Doctors will prefer you wait til after your next cycle. My bff got pregnant before her next cycle was even due so she will tell you as soon as you are ready. I think I waited about two weeks. The timing just seemed right to me.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Doctors recommend 6 normal cycles after a miscarriage before trying again. I got pregnant after 1 cycle after my miscarriage. \

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 8:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• 6 Weeks after i miscarried cause i got the okay from the doc but it took us about 7 months to get pregnant again sorry about your loss! My tip to you is dont try so hard for a baby cause it only happend when i was giving up cause i was trying so hard to get pregnant but some woman are lucky to get pregnant right away ethier way sweetie goodluck!
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 9:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• They all have different opinions but if I were you, I would ask your Doctor. THEY know,based on your medical history. I am always amazed at how many Moms ask people here about MEDICAL issues. How silly. I don't think any of us have a Medical degree,right??? This is the last place I would come for information.
    Anonymous

• My sis just miscarried and they told her to wait 3 months to ttc. Not 3 mon to have sex, but to actually try to get preggo.
    Your body needs to build up vitamins and all that good stuff again so you have enough for the next time around.
    Anonymous

• Drs say to wait til a period. I really would suggest waiting a bit. In my experiance we didn't wait a little while and it caused 3 miscarriiages back to back.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I have had 3 miscarriage. The first one - 16wks along and ended up needed a d/c, they told me to wait 3 months. Second one was at 5wks and natural expulsion tissues and they said to wait just one cycle. The 3rd one I was 8wks and again natural and I was told to wait 2 months
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010