Discouraged from results

I have been busting my ass working out. I have been watching my calories, carbs, fats, sodium and protien intake(per my weight's guidelines), and I have been doing cardio 3x a week and strength training 3x a week. I weigh myself on the scale, but pay more attention to my measurements. I have been doing this for 3 or 4 weeks now... and my results are the same, or that I have gained .25 inches. What the hell!
I know Im doing everything right, but I dont understand why I dont look or feel better. Why is this happening to me!? I feel like all this work Im putting into being healthy is not paying off at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Keep your calories in check...maybe you need to eat more and relax a little or even zig zag your calories.Reduce the strength training and up the cardio a bit...change up your workout routine...sometimes when your body is used to doing something for so long it gets used to it,so change up your routine to trick your body...works well for me.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• you're pushing yourself too hard.

Anonymous

• How is your water intake? Increasing the amount you drink really helps you lose weight. Does your diet contain enough fiber to keep you regular?
    Dont give up, the changes you have implemented will benefit you soon.
    Anonymous

• Try reducing the strength training to twice per week and increasing your cardio to 5 times per week. Make sure you do at least 30-45 minutes of cardio per day. Before your strength training do a 10-20 minute warm up on the treadmill or eliptical to get your cardio going so that your strength training does more for you, it also helps get your muscles warmed up so they work better during your training. Cardio is your biggie I found when i reduced to 3 times per week i could maintain my weight but not continue to lose I was like you frustrated and fed up lol I went back to 5 days of cardio and I am losing inches and pounds again. I only do strength training 2 times per week because i want to tone as i lose but i also need to focus more on losing, once i get closer to my goal weight ill add another day of strength but really you only need 2 days per week while your losing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Also keep in mind protein is not your enemy, you need it to fuel your body for the workouts. Stick to lean meats and other sources of proteins. I base my eating habits off the abs diet meal plans and it works really well for me, you may need to make slight adjustments to your meals and snacks.

Keep it up your doing great, its hard work but so worth it :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• What are you eating and drinking?

First, drink your water! At least 8 8oz glasses a day. Add a glass for every beverage you have with caffeine or alcohol
    Next, eat your fruits and veggies; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Start replacing your white/simple grains (white rice, white pasta, white bread, you get the picture) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, whole grain bread, etc.).
    Now cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Eat at least one serving of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Eating healthy, combined with the great exercise that you are doing, will have you at a healthy weight in no time.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• what kind of workout are you doing. you may just be building muscle instead of losing fat and toning up.
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Muscle weighs more than fat. If you're adding muscle, you may gain instead of lose. Do more cardio and add strength training, but not as much right away. You want to lose weight, then tone.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you are just retaining water. Drink more fluid to flush your system. If you don't drink enough you body will begin to store water and you will stay bloated.

You could also be slightly swollen from your new work out schedule. 1/4 inch is nothing to worry about. Keep it up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:14 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I lost weight and kept it off with nutritional cleansing. You can see more info on my blog: http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

Feel free to contact me if you want more info or have any questions. :)
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 10:05 AM on Mar. 14, 2010