Is anyone else sick of our jobs going overseas?

Our economy sucks! I donrt feel it but I know a lot of people do.

Avon is one place guilty of this, TMobile grrr. Im so tired of them getting tax breaks for sending our jobs away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yeah its a tough issue. When they send these jobs overseas they pay them almost triple less what they would have to pay us here. Companies want to save money and I understand this from a business point of view. If we still use the companies though, we must not be that upset about it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes. My  22 y.o.daughter will be graduating this Spring with her MA degree, and will likely be moving to So America to teach at the University level. Good jobs with HC benefits are hard to obtain in the US @ the moment.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It's awful. I have an IT degree and over 13 years of experience and my job as a Quality Assurance Analyst (testing computer applications) is now mostly overseas or on the chance there is a local job there is a huge pay cut and I need to co-ordinate resources overseas, who don't start their work day until around 5pm PST.

If my husband (American) didn't have a federal job, we would have moved back to Australia by now.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I own a company.

We are outsourcing much of our labor now to China, who send the finished product back to us to sell.

Our current administration wants to make this a socialist society, where a few pay for every whim of the masses through income distribution in the form of taxes on small businesses.
    Small businesses have the right to protect themselves.
    If this country wants to have good jobs, they need to insist that small businesses stop being forced to provide a living to those who won't work.
    I don't feel sorry for people who vote Socialism into the White House.
    I just DO NOT.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Grace- Too made you're so stuck in your ways. It certainly isn't helping you in any way, shape or form-unless you enjoy being a miserable curmudgeon. You certainly represent part of the problem rather than the solution.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Why, because I don't feel the desire to take care of every financial whim of our government and all the lackies who have babies, ipods and manicures they can't really afford?

I'm TIRED of paying for all of the above and I DO MIND being taxed to death.

Business people don't owe the world a living just because they can be successful.
    It's punishment for knowing how to do something that others don't know how to do.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:53 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Grace- keep sending your work to China, and keep riding the selfish, misery train. Your comments drip with selfishness- certainly not what a true American would exude. I can only guess the other "groups" you associate with....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yes, I am. It's happening in the work at home arena also. There are SO MANY people who want to make a living working from home and lots of these types of jobs are going overseas as well. What's funny is that these companies are outsourcing to save money, but they don't realize that people who want to work from home will oftentimes work for a little less for the privilege of the short commute, etc.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 12:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• It's not the "true" America anymore, anyways.

It's the land of "YOU OWE ME SOMETHING."

That's NOT what this country was founded on.

By the way, as you might imagine, I have a VERY satisfying life.

The way businesses, and by extension, their owners are taxed, is extortion by the government.
    I am not in favor of socialism.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I think I should only get what I work for and I teach my kids this. I think when they are sending business to other countries they are saying its okay to take work away from people who get up everday and work hard. Yes there are a ton of people who feel entitled but a small portion of us just want to work and earn what we can until something better comes along.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 10, 2010