Those of you with school aged children,

do your kids get out for Good Friday? Is there a spring break and an Easter break? Our school district has a spring break but a neighboring school district has a Spring break and they allow the kids to have Good Friday off as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honestly have no idea. I really do not know what "Good Friday " is or when it falls.. Sorry, hopefullys someone else will have a helpful answer for you.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Nope, just spring break here. If we wanted to keep them home on Good Friday, we'd just have an absence. 1 absence here or there is no big deal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Well, we're in a Catholic school so we have Good Friday and Easter Monday off. Our spring break is the week before Holy Week.
    They public schools have spring break this year during Holy Week. Last year it wasn't that week and they had Good Friday off, but had to use it as a snow make up day.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Yes, my son's school is off for Good Friday and the following week for spring break.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My kid's school usually schedules a snow day for Good Friday, so they only have school if they have to make up for a previously missed day.
    Anonymous

• Our spring break is usually around Easter. If not then we get Good Friday off. This year our Spring Break starts the Thursday before Eastern Sunday.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Our spring break starts on Friday this week
    Anonymous

• It depends on the district. We've lived in a lot of school districts, and some time their Spring Break to coincide with Easter, and some of them will have it start on Good Friday. Others, they don't coordinate their break to match up with Easter, but they do get Good Friday off, and some don't worry about it at all, and they don't give Good Friday off.

You should be able to go on the District's website and see their calendar, which will show you what days they have off. If they don't give them Good Friday off, and you want it off for religious purposes (as opposed to, say, wanting to catch a flight to go visit family for Easter...), then you can talk to the school and your child should be excused for that day, for religious observation.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• sailorwifenmom
    Anonymous

• sailorwifenmom, thanks for your answer. You will notice in my question I stated what my children have spring break. ( I didn't give the dates because I prefer not to) and another district has a spring break and the kids have a Good Friday off. I am very well aware of my children's schedule I just wanted to ask other moms what their school district schedules.
    Anonymous