How do I get my kids to stop sometimes and go play instead of reading books all the time?

my kids love school my baby girls learned how to read when she was 1 and she stays in books non-stop.

I try to get her to sometimes get out of books and go out and play but she wouldnt she say she would rather read then play mii baby is reading at a 6th grade level.

how can i get myy child to get out of books sometimes and go outside to play.

Shaina11

Asked by Shaina11 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in

• go play with her...tell her you wanna have mommy daughter time and go play....she most likely doesn't want to play alone...take a ball outside, go to the park
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• She may be hiding a physical issue. My son did this. He would say, " I don't like to play sports, I am more of a reader" Which was fine until we figured out he couldn't stand with his feet together and could not run at all. :( He had a year of casting and braces on his legs and still has problems. Make sure she is all right and FORCE her to play and exercise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Personally I wouldn't worry about it as long as she's not becoming overweight or something. I was a kid that always had my nose in a book. I'd go ride my bike sometimes and I rode my horse a lot...sometimes took a book along, found a nice quiet place with good grass for the horse and read. I HATED sports. On family vacations, I took several books along. You can encourage her to get involved in something besides books, perhaps an acting class, some type of group activity, rollerskating... You might also read a book that she is reading and discuss portions of it with her...my dad and I used to have some awesome discussions about books, some of my best memories. (By the beginning of 7th grade, I was reading at a 3-4 year college level) See if you can help her find another activity that she really likes but don't discourage her reading...it will serve her well in time.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Maybe you can set aside some going outside time? Go out with her and do something.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2010

• i do i go out side i try to tell have lets have mommy and daughter time together but she never goes for it i dont want her like that now my baby is at a 7th grade level she goes to sleep reading and wake up reading
    Shaina11

Answer by Shaina11 at 7:29 PM on May. 6, 2010