How do you work an Ipod?

I have never used one before, and my husband gave me his. How do you use it? Can I put songs that are not on Itunes on it (like ones I have ripped onto my computer)? Do you like your Ipod better than your MP3 player?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 9:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can only use Itunes to put songs on an Ipod. However, you can transfer whatever music you have on your computer onto Itunes.

Having had both an Ipod and just a regular MP3 player. My personal preferance is my Ipod :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• you can rip cds right on to itunes and ones that are already on your computer you can copy to itunes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The songs have to be in iTunes, but you can import any songs on your computer or CDs into iTunes. Go to File | Add File to Library... and find your music files to add them to iTunes. Or if you have a bunch in one folder, you can choose Add Folder to Library... instead. For a CD, just put the disc into your computer and click the Import CD button on the iTunes window. Easy as pie. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Once you play around with it a bit, it's very fun to use. If you have files on another program on your computer you just have to drag and drop them into itunes. Just open the program where you currently have your files and open itunes. Minimize the windows see you can see them both on the computer screen. Left click on the file you want to add to itunes and drag it with your mouse to your itunes playlist. It's very easy.
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 5:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2010