What are the fees for Paypal? I want to order stuff on Ebay...

almost everything on Ebay needs to be payed using Paypal, and I want to get it but wanted to make sure that I wasnt going to have a bill every month or something. who can help me figure this out? :) thank u!

I_Love_My_Kidz

Asked by I_Love_My_Kidz at 9:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• go to the website. look @ their policies.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You just load $ onto your Paypal account - same as cash. If you want to buy an item for $20 on ebay, you'll automatically have $20 removed from your Paypal account. Just be sure to take into account shipping fees from the ebay item you want to order - that will also be deducted automatically. I love using paypal - fast, easy, no hidden fees.
    Anonymous

• You can load your pp account by transferring funds from your checking account, or transferring $ from a debit/credit card onto your pp account.
    Anonymous

• My PP account is attached to my credit card, so I don't have to transfer funds into it. Now they have an option of attaching your bank account so they can automatically draw out the funds, but I don't attach my bank account to ANYTHING. You do not have to pay fees when you pay for something, only if money comes TO you through paypal (as far as I know). For example, if you were to SELL something on ebay, then PayPal would take something out of the money the seller sends you.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Adelicious is absolutely correct. There are no additional fees for making purchases on Ebay using your Paypal account. There are Paypal (and Ebay) fees, however, if you were to sell items on Ebay. You would also be charged fees by Paypal if you were to receive payment for other services, etc., using Paypal. Some of my employees prefer to be paid by Paypal, even though they will be hit with the fees to receive their money. These particular employees tell me that the fee to receive the funds is less than a check cashing place, so I guess that works for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I'm waiting for Ebay to get sued over forcing people to use Paypal for payments. I will do the happy dance when that happens. There are laws against monopolies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You only pay paypal fees when you are a seller, not a buyer.

An to the Anon right above me....ebay does NOT force you to use paypal for payments, they require you to accept some form of online payments, whether it's paypal, propay, a merchant account or one of the several other online payment sites they accept. But the "requirement to accept paypal" hasn't been a requirement in over a year.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010