Vegan? Vegitatarian? meat eater? What are you?

After much research and learning what happens in slaughter houses i am sick to my stomach to even think of eating those poor animals.. :( they die piece by piece.. I nearly screamed in horror at seeing what happens.. but that is just me..
What are you and why have you made your choice?
( no fighting please)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I eat meat. I was a psuedo-vegetarian for a couple years and gradually got back on meat. I agree alot (but not all) of the ways they treat animals is horrible. They could do better.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I eat it all.
    and I'm not sure what videos you're watching....but it doesn't happen like that in APPROVED facilities. they're "humanly" killed. the don't die agonizing, painful deaths. there's laws that make sure of that.
    Anonymous

• i eat meat but it's kosher which means the animal died w/o pain
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I am a hunter and we eat the meat of the deer that we hunt. I feel that hunting is WAAY more humane than eating cows who were bred to die. Deer have a chance to live long lives and are a very lean and healthy meat.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No, actually the laws arn't very strict on how the animals are handled.. http://www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp go all through this website, go through each animal and watch all the videos available.. this is about all the main stream slaughter houses and how our animals live their lives through the end.. truly sad (not trying to turn anyone of course..but for those of you who think that the animals are okay)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i am a semi "semi-vegetarian".
    I only use poultry and fish for meals in our home. but i will eat a burger or whatever if we are out (but many restaurants offer chicken burgers and things instead so i try to get those if i'm in a restaurant). But i no longer eat pig at all.
    I like meat. i can't lie. But i care a lot about health so i am trying to slowly maybe possibly go vegetarian. ...idk if it will work though. So far, this is what i can live with and it's working fine. DH doesn't mind either. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i eat meat, but after watching Food Inc. i think i might want to start eating organic meat
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I eat meat. but not pork chops or pork roast (bacon, sausage, and ham are OK though)

slaughter houses don't bother me at all. Animals are here for us to eat.
    Anonymous

• Omnivore- and depending on what video you saw and who produced it-it could not be a real video. I am not saying they die peacefully, but some of these special interest videos are a bunch of crap!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• It's a fairly accepted fact amongst those who believe in evolution; that eating meat is what spurred our ancestors forward and split them off from our hominid cousins.

Yes; perhaps today you are able with modern resources to obtain the protien you need in an easy convienent form; but for our ancestors; meat was that form.

We like to stick to the basics as much as possible; we buy 99% organic meat; but I will (sort of; lol) admit to you ladies that we on rare occassion do eat fast food. It's a guilty treat we allow about once every other month or so...
    Anonymous