Question about blood platelets

I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and this whole pregnancy my blood platelets have been low and I've been seeing an oncologist about it and my doctor ran some more tests on me and said my platelets are now at 55 and the normal range is 150 to 190 what are the chances of them wanting to take the baby early ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My platelets were low as well. I don't know how low, but they were low. They never even mentioned anything about taking my son early. They just said they needed to watch and be prepared if I started to bleed a little more than they liked. I gave birth naturally and did start to bleed a little bit so they were giving me pitocin at full strength and full speed and it stopped. I was also put on iron pills for a week.
    Anonymous