Baby trying to walk....mommy a nervous wreck!

Ok, my son is 11 1/4 months old and cries because he wants down, not to sit but to STAND constantly!he thinks he can just take off but still a little wobbly with a couple of small little bruises to prove it. I am constantly a nervous wreck when he pulls up on the coffee table or something because I'm so afraid he is going to hurt himself bad. How do I let him learn without freaking out all the time? I don't wanna just "hover" constantly :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for awhile i made a helmet out of my bra for my little one he always bumps his head. makean obstacle course of pillows pots and pans get a playpen be creative
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• cover all sharp corners that could lead to stitches. try to create a safe environment for cruising along furniture. but there will be plenty of bumps and bruises. dont worry. kids heal quick. my 19 month old can walk very well. and run very well. she still gets major bumps and bruises!
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• cover anything he could get hurt on.. tabel ends..wires..etc.. and just let him go. my son was very wobbly and would walk holding on to stuff like the couch or the table for the longest time.. then finally one day he just took off not walking but running. hes a boy number one you cant baby them forever. and number two he needs to learn on his own, hes stronger then you think!
    Anonymous

• Somehow, we all survived this stage. I've never heard of a baby getting seriously injured learning to walk, but there's probably a story out there somewhere. More than likely, a few bruises and bumps will teach him his boundaries and abilities. Relax and enjoy this amazing time!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• ALL babies (boy or girl -- that was just a silly statement) will learn to walk despite some bumps and bruises. Whether you "baby" them or not...they will do so. Just provide a safe place for experimentation. You can cove especially sharp corners or just move the coffee table out of the way.

Remember if they fall all the floor they ARE low to the ground so don't have that far to go.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2010