Can i take diet pills(apidexin) and bresastfeed at the same time?

I have two children and with my first one it was very easy to lose the weight but with my second one(shes four months) all i think is food and i hardly have time to go to the gym because of the two girls and my ffamily dont and cant babysit them. Im overweight and i have no clothes because of my weight...i found these pills and i heard it works great but im breastfeeding and i dont want my milk to get affected. Is it ok to take apidexin to lose weight?

ariydayana

Asked by ariydayana at 10:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think so. Call la leche league and ask one of the members.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My guess in no it is not okay. I would call the docs office or a pharmacy to verify that, but I think it might pass to the breastmilk. Just increase your activity, get down on the floor and crawl around with your kids. Get an exercise video and do it while they are sleeping. You do not have to get to the gym to be active.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Definately not. It will be passed through your breast milk to the bloodstream of the baby. If it makes grown people jittery and causes your heart to race, imagine the effect on a baby.
    midwestmomx3

Answer by midwestmomx3 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• NO!! Don't take them.
    I know it is much easier said than done, but just try to relax and enjoy life. Your babies will only be little for a very short amount of time. Try to not worry so much about your looks. Breastfeeding makes you much hungrier. I know I was eating like crazy until around my sons first birthday. At that point he didn't want to breastfeed much anymore so almost magically the hunger went away and I lost 10 pounds without effort.
    The best solution is not only the simpliest, but the one none of us want to hear : )
    Excerise more and eat healthier.
    Anonymous

• Diet pills aren't safe for you, even outside of breastfeeding, mama. Dr. Hale, the foremost authority on medication and breastfeeding, doesn't recommend excessive caffeine (most diet pills use it) or forms of amphetamines (another major ingredient) because they will transfer through the milk, and they may even curb appetite in the baby which is a big no-no.

The best thing for a breastfeeding mom is actually Weight Watchers. They have a program tailored for breastfeeding moms.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You are not supposed to really even diet while breastfeeding, much less use any aides.
    Losing more than a coupe pounds a week is a TERRIBLE idea while breastfeeding, as your toxins are stored in fat and breast milk is mostly fat, so you will leach the toxins into it and be feeding them to your child.
    You seriously need to hear this from your OBGYN...
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 6:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• No, not a good idea. Look into weight watchers, and they even have a program designed for nursing moms.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2010