Which is more important in life, reason or faith?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Reason and truth are both enemies of faith. Reason shows us that our universe evolved though millions of years, not a few thousand. Reason shows us that god doesn't heal but that medicine almost always does. Once you have followed your mental reasoning, you can never again "have faith" in anything--until it has proven itself to be truth.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:06 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• To answer that you'd have to beleive that Reason & Faith can't Coexist. If you beleive enough in your faith, it serves as reason so there is no need to decide between the two.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 11:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• i agree with cuteandcurvy

I believe the both compliment each other and using one without the other would be foolish.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Here is a fine example. I have asthma I have had people pray for me.
    Faith=Beliving God Can Heal Me
    Reason= Taking the medications given to me so I don't go into an attack.

There are many who beleive that they cannot work together and that is where them problem and issues arise.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 11:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• You have to have reason to move about in this world and faith to get you through it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Faith is actually the absence of reason lol. You have to suspend reason in order to believe there is an invisible man controlling your life, or that you will be reincarnated in your next life according to your karma. I'm not saying that these things aren't TRUE, but with the knowledge we have available to us at this moment, you have to have FAITH to believe those things, which is totally different than reason. Reason is logical deduction based on known facts. God is not a fact. TO YOU He might be, but the vast majority of actual evidence contradicts it.

Obviously, we would not have the choice of reason OR faith if we didn't have life. Life is our most precious gift, even above our ability to believe or to deduce. I value life above all else.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• They are not mutually exclusive, you can have both.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• reasoning. without reasoning, what is faith based off of?

Not saying that all reasoning is of sound mind.. but reasoning is your personal theories or hypothesis's on a subject. If you don't have those, you have nothing to base your faith off of.

However you don't need faith to have reasoning..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't think one is more important than the other. I also don't think you really need to have one without the other. For me, reasoning has a lot to do with my faith.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Both. Neither is more important than the other. They each have a place.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2010