Do you think taking any form of birth control is considered an abortion?

Are there really people out there that think that? I've heard about it but I've never met one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• there are people that think that.

but personally, no I do not agree with that.
    My BC makes the lining of my uterus very thin so that a fertilized egg can't implant just in case the part of it that makes me not ovulate malfunctions. No abortion IMO
    Anonymous

• Yes, there are people that believe that. They believe that you should leave your reproductive system up to god. If you get pregnant then it was meant to be. I don't believe that.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I don't think so. I do know a couple who believes that though. They have 3 children and unfortunately the mother cant have any more.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• No, I don't believe that at all. I also think it is a mistake if you think God will only give you the children you need. God has nothing to do with it and you MUST use birth control in order to be a resposible and mature person.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I think the Duggars believe that. I do not believe that at all. Abortion is killing a baby that is already conceived and has started to grow. Wearing a condom is just keeping sperm from being able to fertilize an egg and taking the birth control pill just stops eggs from being released from the ovaries so if a sperm happened to get far enough, there would be nothing there. In both instances, there has not been conception of any kind...therefore it is not abortion, it is just prevention of pregnancy. I don't know how someone could not understand that.
    Anonymous

• If I am correct that is a devout Catholic belief. That birth control is wrong because you are going against God's will of procreation. Some also take it to the extreme and believe that sex was created ONLY for the purpose of procreation. So oral sex is wrong, or any other form of sex that doesn't result in pregnancy. I have known some women who ONLY have sex with their husbands when they are TTC. Talk about a crappy sex life.
    Anonymous

• Actually, all forms of medical birth control CAN cause spontaneous abortion (aka miscarriage). Doesn't mean that they always do. it just means that it does happen and can happen.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• God has something to do with it (like when birth control fails). The morning after pill is considered abortion, but the birth control pill is about as effective as condoms (which I use), and they prevent pregnancy. However, as with all things, i believe there is a conspiracy attached to the birth control pill (shot, patch,etc), which is why I use condoms and the "no unprotected sex during ovulation method". I believe FDA controlled medicine is bad for people, except in extreme circumstances. I am all about pleasing the Lord, and I know He will provide for us and we will never want no matter how many times I get pregnant. I use condoms because I don't feel I am physically or mentally (alot of stressful situations) fit to get pregnant right now and I wouldn't want my baby to suffer because of it. We are happy with just 2 and do not want more, but once I get myself into shape, I will leave it up to the Lord
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• no it's not like your killing a already live baby you preventing a baby from happening,
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• There are people who believe this. I, personally, find it totally ridiculous. Mostly because a great many of the people who say that they leave their reproduction entirely up to God actually don't. They accept medical intervention when it will save their life, the life of their baby or their fertility. I think the world of the Duggars, but they are a prime example of this. "We leave it up to God"... well, if you really did that Michelle would have died a couple times by now, with a severe hemmorhage, a baby with a transverse lie and now with baby Josie and the pre-eclampsia. I would never tell them to quit having kids, I think they're a great family, but it certainly looks like God tried to stop them from having more children several times.

I understand the tenent, but then live it out fully, you know? That's my only problem with this.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010