Why is the feminist movement so scary in USA?

This is related to the popular father rights question.
Had women in USA became overly aggresive that now the reverse SAHM current raised again? I wish that many other countries would be at least half of what USA is, in terms of women rights...

diael01

Asked by diael01 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Huh? I am not quite sure what you are asking.

I think you are wondering why people are afriad of the feminist movement. If so that is easy, extremists.
    It is not that the general population doesn't want women to be treated fairly. It is the extremists that ruin it for the rest of the feminist group.
    Kind of like PETA. Their message is fine and good, but their extreme ways and views make them just look like loonies.
    Anonymous

• Why do you really care? You don't live there, It's not your choice. I think some women take it to far. I mean have you heard the things some women say about either SAHMs or working moms? I mean according to the radicals on both sides either you are " worthless to society" or you are a " bad mom"
    How have we gone anywhere?
    I am pretty sure that the women that fought for womans rights to choice didn't plan on women turning on each other.
    It is sick.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• The feminist movement in the U.S. has gone too far. It is no longer about equal rights. The feminist movement seeks to castrate all males.
    Anonymous

• If your not a democrat they won't stick up for your rights.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Ok...I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking but I am going to take a crack at it :) I think the TRUE idea of the feminist movement SHOULD be that a woman has the chance to do ANYTHING she wants. I am a SAHM. There are many many many people who believe that this is due to lack of drive, education, and/or intelligence. I dont. I see it as what I want. I want to stay home and raise my children, care for my home, and not miss a moment. I am a good SAHM. I have outside interests that keep me me. I do NOT look askance at working moms. I am GLAD there are women CEO's, and lawyers, and bank clerks ect......I am GLAD that the women who CHOOSE this line are ABLE too. I believe that these women should be paid EQUAL to their male counterparts......The feminists that piss me off are the ones that think I am somehow lacking because I am not militant in my need to have a CAREER!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I think the feminist movement went too far. It went from equal rights to allowing the sexual exploitation of women. Women in the sex industry use the "feminist movement" to justify why they do what they do. How it's so empowering to get pounded in every hole by thousands of men. How it's empowering to have this "freedom of sexuality". They went from the sexual oppression of women to sexual freedom right back to sexual oppression again. Women are now oppressed because of the so called sexual freedom we were given.  What women were really given was a masked alternative to college and an equal work place. Low income women and minorities fall victim to the " get rich fast" track in the sex industry.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Thank you for replying but I am too tired to continue; will try continuing tomorrow.
    diael01

Answer by diael01 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• As for the Fathers Equal rights ........I DO think its sad that we do everything we can to tell men that the babies we carry are just as much theirs and therefor they SHOULD, and in most cases HAVE TO, support that child the entirety of their life. HOWEVER when we make the choice to have an abortion and take that baby's life with no consideration of the man.....isnt that a little hypocritical? YES its YOUR body and YOUR choice...but damn it, if you CHOOSE to have that baby that that man DOESNT want, when it comes out of the abstract and is a REAL LIVE breathing baby, you have NO RIGHT to expect or ask for ANY support from that same man!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I feel weird now. I actually agree with legalmommy on this one.
    Anonymous

• I agree the movement now seeks to castrate men, and give them no rights to do anything. Equal is Eqaul, not Equal until you do something I don't like and I blame it on the fact you are a man. If a man did that it would be hell to pay for him, it's not fair and it's not equal, men deserve respect and they don't receive it in this movement, they are just dumb muscle and that is not fair.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2010