When did you take the new baby's sibling(s) to the Hospital?

I'm not due till August so I know this is early. Our Hospital, just removed the Ban for children under 18 which I am ecstatic. Anyways, My daughter is 3 1/2 she will be 4 when the baby is born. I was wondering when you had the siblings come to the hospital to visit with their new sibling? Was it that day or the next day? Any advice? Thanks in advance :)

DAH02

Asked by DAH02 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Within hours, no matter time of day. It was important the entire family meet the new family member.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• We didn't, we waited until we came home.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My last child was born at 7:30 AM, I think my Mom brought the other kids over around 3 PM that day.
    Anonymous

• Within a few hours; the hospital I delivered at does not allow children under the age of 16 now (it use to be 12) but siblings have always been the exception.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 11:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• one of the many reasons i hope to birth at home. ...so that my children will be right there with me if they choose.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• That day depending on what time the baby was born. My second son was born mid afternoon and my oldest was actually at the hospital (not in the room) so as soon as we'd been cleaned up he came in. It was less than an hour after the baby'd been born. My third son was born in the middle of the night, so the next morning my hubby brought our other two in. In both cases we had other family members - grandparents, aunts - who watched the older boys while I was in labour and until my hubby could take the boys home.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• UUmmm, I took my older one(1 1/2) with me to deliver the baby. I don't have family that watches my kids so they go everywhere with me.
    His big deal that day wasn't the new little brother that I gave him but his first big boy McDonald's kids meal that he got to eat while I was having my c-section LOL
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I had to wait to bring my daughter up because the baby was NICU & they wouldnt allow it. She saw her up close the day we got to bring her home. She did see her through the window a few times before that though. Of course, she was also 14 mo old so she didnt really "get" it till we actually brough the baby home. She doesnt even remember her sister not being around now. She's 5 & if you ask her if she recalls seeing baby sister at the hospital she will tell you she does not.
    Anonymous

• With my second baby they had already taken him to the nursery by the time my oldest got to the hospital(about 2 hours after I had him). With my third the older two were there less than a hour after he was born.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• My daughter was there the whole time~ so immediately! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2010