Census 2010

Just wondering what you all thought about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• That its been happening every 10 years for over 100 years? And that it was a big waste of money & postage for them to mail me a letter I got yesterday to tell me that next week I wil be getting a census form in the mail.
    Anonymous

• Anon :35, I agree. I got a letter telling me they were going to send me a letter.... Wow. Then all the stupid TV commercials.....

There are posters at the library the census bureau put out offering people help filling out the census. Really, it's difficult, name, age, birth date, race..... My kids could have accurately filled them out at 5 or 6 yrs of age.

I'm not bothered by the census, just the wasted money and stupidity.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• What mancos said.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Something new that has not been happening for 100 years, they will now be noting the GPS coordinates of each household...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ya, I worked as a Crew Leader for the first phase of the Census. You'd think it's simple and not to difficult to understand right? You overestimate our population... you really do.

And Anon 12:12, they already noted the "GPS coordinates", however it wasn't even close to that detailed and the GPS thing was all sorts of screwed up. I would know, that's the phase I was a crew leader for.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• They also have these brand new suv's running around saying something about the new census...and in my area we got a plastic bag hanging off our doors holding inside the new cesus...what a huge waste of money and in my state they want to cut benefits to the disabled for lack of funds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I will only tell them how many people live here. Only the information they are legally obligated to. People aren't as stupid as you think, they just don't want the government involved in their lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You'd think it's simple and not to difficult to understand right? You overestimate our population... you really do.

***

The 2008 election is a PERFECT example of that!!! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• and in my area we got a plastic bag hanging off our doors holding inside the new cesus...what a huge waste of money and in my state they want to cut benefits to the disabled for lack of funds

***
    Well, there are some of those 3-4 million jobs Obama promised!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I really love the RAP commercials telling people to send it back. Who's the targeted audience there? And could they be any more friggin obvious?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010