Anyone who didnt vote for obama is a racist... SERIOUSLY?!!

My little bro(16) & I have this conversation & he asks if I voted for Obama. I said no. He then begins 2 "explain" 2 me how he "feels" that any1 that didn't vote 4 obama is racist & that would make me a self hating black woman.
HUH!?!? Self Hating???I asked him 2 explain. He goes on 2 say that my white husbands views of the world have blinded me 2 whats really going on out there & if i would drop my "white agenda".. I could see the truth.I mean I was floored!
I laughed & told him he had 2 be playing, this was a joke.. Where's ashton kutcher cuz I know i'm being Punk'd?!He then says to me that until I can open my eyes, realize the struggle of my people & what Obama means, until I can understand the amount of change & difference he's made since being in office & until i can C the economy is doing MUCH better now that obama is in, we have nothing left to say to one another. R there really ppl out there that feel that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP--Sounds like your brother WOULD have voted for Obama BECAUSE he is biracial! THAT'S why I think the voting age needs to be raised! In the next election, your brother will be old enough to vote....yet he has NO IDEA what is important in selection a President!!! That's scary.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I know people who are racist and voted for Obama
    Anonymous

• i didnt vote for him and I'm not racist. Hell I didnt vote for anyone this year because I didnt agree with either party and didnt think anyone running was good enough to be a president.
    Anonymous

• White agenda? I would like to know how it compares to the black agenda? And what does that SAY about so many cultures and races? I think that is something to look at! Or is it just being a democrat like Clinton? He did a lot of good things and he's white. I think Obama is more white than any African American I know. I like him but didn't vote for him because I didn't feel he had enough experience. I'm not sure he's made any fantastic changes. He's made many and will continue to make many mistakes. Like all presidents. He is a man blocked by congress as always.
    Anonymous

• THE GOOD OBAMA IS CREATING FOR THE ECONOMY? I VOTED FOR THE DUMBASS, AND I AM VERY DISPLEASED! ITS NOT BECAUSE HES BLACK, ITS BECAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO BE A BETTER PRESIDENT! BUT HES DISPROVING THAT EVERYDAY!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• in the primaries there were millions of black ppl who voted for Hilary....skin color shouldn't interfere with politics...if you vote against the better candidate because you are afraid of being labeled racist then you are actually the racist one....plus idk how many times i have to bring up that obama is only half black...he's not the first black president, he's the first biracial president
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• So from my POV ( and I'm not in the US so I have no political affiliation) it seems your brother is racist in his comments. Racism isn't just directed toward black people, his attitude that Obama should have been voted for purely based on the colour of his skin is no less racist than someone voting for Hilary just because she's white. Tell him that until he can see that he is racist himself, that you have nothing further to discuss.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• People who didn't vote for him just because he is black are racist but if you didn't vote for him because you didn't agree with his politics that's not racist.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't like Obama at all, not because he is black but because of the work he is doing. And saying I don't like him is wrong; I don't agree with him. I am not racist at all, I honestly don't get why anyone is. The difference between white and black is the amount of melatonin in your skin. That is it, bottom line. Racism is ridiculous and people liking Obama to prove they are anti-racist is even worse. I didn't agree with Hillary Clinton either, does that mean I'm sexist? People can be so silly..
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I think if you just didnt vote for him because he is black, then yes you are racist. But if you just didnt think he would make a good president then no you are not.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2010