can i fix my husband's legal status?

my husband as been here for 13 years he went to school got his high school diploma and 1 year of college. he has never been arrested, just traffic tickets but paid them all and on time. we have been together for more then 3 years married for one. no kids but we are trying :P for one this year. he came here illegally so can he fix? or what can we do? thank u for ur time and help

ammoom

Asked by ammoom at 11:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/citizenship-application.html
    https://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/citizenship-test.html

You should also see if he can get dual citizenship. But those are links for the application and for the test book. Which if he has lived here for as long as he has illegally he shouldn't have a problem passing the test. I think it is great you and your husband are wanting to make him legal. But I can not promise that if they find out he has been here for this long illegally that they won't look into you for immigration fraud. Sobe prepared for them to pry a bit into your lives. GL and I hope you guys follow through.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Good luck with that.........
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• You need a good immigration lawyer. You need all the documents. It is better to be married ,have joint ownership of things(bank accounts,cars,house....TAX FILINGS ,kids.......).
    Immigration is not only about passing the test or something about dual citizenship ....it is a long road before that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2010