Is America doomed for Hell since the First Amendment violates the first three Commandments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, it's not hell, nor disrespect for non-existent deities that's doing this. It's the Hope Diamond. Didn't you know? It has cursed every single one of its owners with death and misery. It is now "owned" by the United States of America and is cursing us with floods, earthquakes, hurricanes and other disasters. Well, it makes about as much sense as saying that America is going to hell because of some ridiculous book of mythology. Logically, any society that refuses to progress and move forward is doomed to collapse. And the christian right won't allow this country to move into the 21st century because of their superstitions. We need to kick god out of America COMPLETELY or this country is headed for destruction.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:37 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• yes, probably tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• There is no hell :) So no.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I thought we were already there...
    Anonymous

• The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the Congress from making laws "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech and infringing on the freedom of the press.

I am the Lord your God
    You shall have no other gods before me
    You shall not make for yourself an idol

that all says "Your" and "You" so if you are a Christian, than by all means follow it.
    Doesn't say "I am his god, he shall not" etc. Does not apply to non-Christians.

PEOPLE are who are damned. As in INDIVIDUALS

Are you saying I'm going to hell because I think every one should have their own freedom to choose?

You worry about you, I'll worry about me.
    Anonymous

• Well of course, why would you ask the question, unless you were already sure of the answer.... See you up there, or down there
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• Hey nice Anon:50 never heard it argued from that angle, :-)
    Anonymous

• thank you :)
    isn't the power of THOUGHT and THINKING FOR YOURSELF awesome :)
    Anonymous

• but anon, he is your God, you just haven't accepted it yet
    Anonymous

• Doesn't mean I can't let others THINK FOR THEMSELVES!

can you show me a passage in the bible that says "force your religion down the throats of people, whether they want it or not"
    Anonymous