My 15 month old isn't walking yet...

Anyone have any advice? I am a little worried about it but the pediatrician isn't worried. he says she should be fine as long as she starts walking by 16 months. She loves to cruise but she is not interested in taking any steps at all yet. I try to walk with her by holding her hand but she just plops right down. Anyone else have a baby like this? How did you deal with it?

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 12:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Huney don't worry, my hubby didn't walk til 19months and now he runs marathons. If she is cruising and can crawl, there is nothing at all to worry about, I'm surprised your ped put a month time frame on it. If you are really worried, you can speed it up a little. Stand with daddy or another loved person with only one step between, pass her between you.
    Then move out a little and let her travel that distance. Hold he finger tips and you can kinda slip you fingers out and let he stand there and the other person reaches to her, but just a couple of inches beyond reach. She will pick it up.
    GL :-)
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• she still has a whole month! dont' worry about it. is she pulling herself up on furniture yet?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I did not have this issue with my son, but she will walk when she is ready. I know thats hard to hear when she is already this old...but its true. I have a kiddo at my daycare I work for and he is just now starting to walk and he is fixing to turn 2. The worst thing that happens is your child my be put in to physical therapy to help them to learn to use there muscles. It doesn't mean your a bad momma at all...just means your child may need a lil extra boost to get walking. I doubt your child will need therapy as you have said she is cruising. I wish you luck..and before you know it she will be running and you will miss the days when she didn't walk so good ;)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Plenty, of tummy time on the floor.

Is she crawling ?

Try and give her a reson to walk?

come to mama?
    whyme48

Answer by whyme48 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Given that she's cruising, I wouldn't worry at all. My son didn't walk until 16 1/2 months. I'm not sure why your doctor thinks there's something significant if she isn't walking by 16 months particularly if she's otherwise on target developmentally.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My Son didn't walk til he was about 16mo and the dr wasn't concerned at all. I am sure she is just taking her time. My doctor said she wouldn't even look into it until he was 18mo. One day he just got up and walked... the next day he was walking like a pro. they will walk when they are ready. Don't worry :)
    Anonymous

• I am in the same situation but I figure he will walk when he wants. When he wants to cruise I will help him walk and he does fine. He wants to stand on his own thats a huge step. Time will only tell. I wouldnt worry.

Danielle
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2010