ummmmmmm...ok......N.Y. Chef Earns Fans, Critics With Cheese Made From Human Breast Milk

Daniel Angerer is used to getting attention for the food served at his restaurant, Klee Brasserie — but the New York chef is making more headlines than ever over a new dish that has its source in his fiancee's brassiere.

In Angerer's case, that mother is his longtime fiancee, Lori Mason, who was producing more milk than she knew what to do with while nursing their now 10-week-old daughter, Arabella.

So, the couple started researching how they could donate the milk but discovered it was a "lengthy process."

"We realized we were going to have to throw a lot of it out, pour this liquid gold down the drain, and we were not going to do that," Angerer said. "So, me being a chef, we said, 'Hey, let's make some cheese!'"

Ok......I dont think this for ME LOL....But what do YOU ladies think? Would you try it? Find it odd (I do lol)?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Breastmilk is a very healthful substance. I'd eat it :) It seems weird, but think of it this way... we drink the milk of ANOTHER SPECIES. That's MUCh weirder than drinking the milk of your own species.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Wow could he have come up with a more effective advertising campaign? The media are all over it ... free advertising for his restaurant... very clever... no i wouldn't eat it but I bet half of NY know the name of his restaurant tonight.... PS hope his poor fiancee realises that if the cheese is a big winner, she just signed up to be a dairy cow.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i dont even drink cows milk . thats just gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• PS hope his poor fiancee realises that if the cheese is a big winner, she just signed up to be a dairy cow.

It leads to some interesting questions - like different cheeses come from different regions and taste differently, would different donors change the cheese? (and I have no intention of trying it to find out)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ewwwwww. No thanks.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ummmmm, no. Thanks, but no.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:28 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I don't find that acceptable. I also wonder why she thinks she has too much milk. It is a supply and demand issue...she should nurse more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Ok first off annon there ARE some women who just produce more than there baby needs. I've personally looked at his blog and he has a pic of his little girl on there. Perfectly healthy.
    Second is that I'm SURE that his fiance will not become like a dairy cow. And I seriously doubt that this will become an norm for his restraunt. Its just common sense.

I personally agree (and any woman who has had any trouble BF will agree) that BM IS liquid gold and it's a crime to toss it. If you read his blog you will see that he says : "my spouse actually thinks of donating some to an infant milk bank which could help little babies in Haiti and such but for the meantime (the milk bank requires check-ups which takes a little while) our small freezer ran out of space." SO they do plan of donating the excess but since it takes so long they came up with another idea for the moment.
    I personally wouldnt try it but more power to those who will.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

LOL... I can just see the future PETA has in store for them!!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 10, 2010