how many of you have pcos and have been able to conceive?????with or without treatment? did losing weight help you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have it and had 3 children. No meds. No weight loss. It just happened

Answer by admckenzie at 12:34 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My MIL had 4 kids with it and is loosing weight now.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My older sister has it. She had trouble conceiving her first, but it did happen with clomid. Her second was a "miracle" baby, no meds. The third took her almost two years TTC. She was on HUGE doses of clomid and a few other meds I don't remember. They were about to give up and try IVF. She doesn't think they will ever have another. The meds made her sooo sick while TTC and she had to stay on them while pregnant. I don't think she will go through it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My older sister had it as well. She had six kids. I think it simply depends on the person and severity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have it and weight loss hasn't helped me. I had to use clomid to conceive my son and we are currently on month #11 of TTC#2 and I am on my 2nd round of clomid once again.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have it with Insulin resistance and borderline diabetes. I have been TTC for a year. During the year I got my borderline diabetes under control, lost 40 pounds, and started taking prenatal vitamins. I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant!! There is hope for woman with PCOS!!
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I have pcos and it took about 10 months to get pregnant with my first with no help of fertility drugs or anything plus Im overweight. Then with my second we had tried for 11 months and nothing so we seeked the help of fertility drugs and got pregnant three months later and no I still never lost any weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2010