What Age Did You Enroll Your Children In School?

Debating wheater to enroll my child in Head Start/PreSchool or just hold off until Kinder.

ISLUVZOLIVIA

Asked by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 12:31 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Depends on what month your child is born.

I believe, any pre-school, or head-start, will be great and will be a ADVANTAGE, for your child.
    whyme48

Answer by whyme48 at 12:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i havent enrolled any childern YET but my DD will be 3 next year in July and i def. think its great for them to get used to the whole school thing so i want to enroll her in Head start ASAP
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• DS1 was in day care from the time he was about 5 months old. (i was not his mother at that time)
    DS2 was in day care (Montessori) when he was 2 years old. Carefully chosen and it was so i could go to school.

DS1 is now 5 and i just pulled him out of Kindergarten due to behavior issues (long story. message me if you really wanna know). He now homeschools with me.
    DS2 is now 4 and is in a part time preschool program.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:51 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My oldest did preschool a few months after turning 4 only because her friends were starting kindergarten and she wanted to go to school, too. She went to our park district and it was just 2 days a week for 1 1/2 hours each day.
    My son started kindergarten about 5 weeks before turning 6. He never went to preschool.
    My middle daughter went to preschool for half a year a couple months after turning 5 just to get her ready for kindergarten that fall.
    My youngest daughter started preschool (same one my oldest went to but it's now 2 hours each day) when she was 3 1/2. Depending on where we're living most likely she won't go to preschool next year (can't afford anything more then the park which is $175 for the year). She'll start kindergarten in 2011 at 5 1/2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• 3 years old and in preschool for 2 years. 3-4 1/2... My 5 year olds bday is August 24, 2004. she started pre-k Nov 2007. and then went to kindergarten Sept 2009. My other DD who is 3 1/2 now started pre-k last Sept of 2009 and wont be going to kinder until 5. but her bday is May 25, 2006
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:12 PM on Mar. 10, 2010

• When my son first started kindergarten, he was barely 5. We lived in MI. Schools there start in Sept, and the kids have to be 5 by December 31st. He turned 5 in mid-Aug. He ended up being held back in 1st grade because he was almost a full year younger than some of the other kids in his class and just wasn't mature enough for his grade. He is in 5th grade now and doing wonderfully.
    We now live in GA. Schools here start in Aug, and the cut-off for age is Sept 1. My daughter's birthday is in Nov. She is much more mature for her age than my son was when he was little. She REALLY wants to go to school, but can't even start preschool until this upcoming school year (she turned 4 in Nov). I'm a SAHM mom though, so I can practice playing "school" with her all she wants. She knows how to write the alphabet, can write her entire name, and we're working on reading. I'm afraid she'll be too advanced for her preschool, but she loves it!
    Shaye_e

Answer by Shaye_e at 10:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2010