Anyone here deal with someone who has NPD?

NPD - narsisist personality disorder

I'm being dead serious about this. I'm pretty sure a very close friend of mine has it. She has a smidgen of empathy, thinks the world revolves around her, makes choices that make no sense, uses people by being sweet to them one minute and then drops them like trash the next when she gets what she wants. She hates to be asked to clean up after herself - it's like pulling teeth to get her to make her bed or clean in general. She expects to be waited on hand and foot. She lies to cover up lies, and she lashes out at the ones who love her the most. I know it's not a pretty picture I've painted, but I really do think she suffers from npd. I need to know if anyone has any personal experience with people like this. She is married and has a toddler - her actions are affecting them in the most negative way. Any insight or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Health

• yes...get as far away as you can..if possible. you cant change a person like that or show them the error of their ways. as far as mental health professionals are concerned, NPD, Boarderline Personality Disorder & Anorexics are the hardest & most difficult cases to treat in psychiatry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sounds like one of my sisters. :(
    I haven't spoken to her in over ten years and I have never been happier. I agree, get away from her, she is toxic.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2010