leaving baby overnight...?

Ok so my DH is always asking me to find a sitter who will take our 2.5 yr old son over night just for one night. He wants to go out, have fun and not have to worry about rushing back to pick him up. I have a friend who already said she woudlnt mind taking him. But my problem is, shes a great mom to her kids, but her house is always so dirty in my opinon. Its just not that well kept and she has 2 dogs and i hate dogs, there fur, the way they smell everything. I would love to have just one night with DH but idk what to do. And DH gets mad at me everytime I tell him i dont want to leave our son. What do you think? should i just say fuck it and go its just one night or stick with my self and say no? ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Well its important for you to be comfortable with wherever you son is staying. Is it really that bad or just not as perfect as your house?
    Its also EXTREMELY important to treat your husbands request as important to you. So if you don't like your friends place, think of someone else. Keeping a child overnight isn't a big deal, especially when they have other young kids. Its one night...maybe one a month if you are lucky and trust me its GREAT to not have to rush home, or even to be able to sleep in with your husband after a long night. We do this once a month with someone that is like a mother to us.

Question whether you are overreacting on your friends house or dilegently work on finding someone you can trust
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• if you think she will take good care of your son then i think a messy house can be over looked. And your issue with dogs is just that. YOUR issue.
    however, it also really depends on how messy her house is. My aunt is very good with children but her house is so f*ck*ng nasty i would never ever even consider EVER leaving my children with her. (we're talking dog sh*t all over the house, chips in the sofa, who knows what on the walls, missing door nobs, broken shower head. etc).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If it were me and it had been 2.5 years I would probably get a babysitter. Is your friend the only one who could possibly take him if her house is not clean enough. I know what you mean about that I would not want to worry about that. Maybe she could watch him at your house and leave when you get home. That is a step in the right direction. What about your parents anyone you trust?
    Nikol4270

Answer by Nikol4270 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• OP here, true you guys are right, she is very good with my son, im not trying to be rude to her shes even admited that her house can sometimes become a disaster. I just really felt guilty leaving him overnight like im being a bad mom or something. but i literally have not had one day with out him or night with out him in 2.5 yrs. i am with him everyday all day and all night. i know im his mom its my job, but parents need a break too. i think im just going to say screw it and let him go. worst comes to worst i pick him up shes just a few blocks away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• OP here again- no my mom is back in NJ and we live in CA. Its been extreamly hard to find a babysitter. We've tried the list of people the base gave us and none could do it for that long. Maybe im just being picky cause i keep my house spotless. i dont know....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• From your 2nd comment, it sounds like the house mess is just an easier excuse for you to say no. I thought about my dd the whole night I was away from her, but everything turns out just fine. Its hard at first, but its something you have to get used to.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I will just point out that her kids have lived through her messiness. So one night over there should be fine for your LO. Go have a great time with your DH and get a little break from toddlerdom.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• My husband kidnapped me a couple weeks ago for the night, now theres grandparents here but WE needed that break and that time together. I know you say you feel guilty leaving him, but your husband needs time with you as well. I can back refreshed and ready to be an even better mom! Just take the break you BOTH need which is why I am sure your hubby keeps asking you!
    momtobe3209

Answer by momtobe3209 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• OP here- thanks ladies! we really do need just a break and no your right it dose not make me a bad mom. THANKS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I would fly one of the grandmothers out for a few days...

Answer by rkoloms at 4:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2010