Screaming, super fussy, teething 10mo old. Not sleeping, need help!

Two lower teeth popped up last week, slowly getting there. She wakes up around 3 am and cries til 6 when I finally give up and drive her around. I've tried orojel, teething tablets, tylenol, nothing seems to be helping her. Any suggestions?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 12:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would 1 give her some teething tablets 2 some tylenol and 3 a bottle and just cuddle her. also you can let her chew on a cold wash cloth. but because of the pain she will want to cuddle and be soothed. i always got up when my kids cried at nite and no at that age i dont belive they are training you.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I tried the natural teething tablets and that seemed to calm my daughter down. However I know orojel works better for the pain. Have you tried letting her cry for a bit or do you automatically pick her up as soon as she starts?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:56 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• give her a Popsicle i know they have like pediolite Popsicles or just get her something cold i bet she will love it and help numb and sooth those gums
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Yes... I do pick her up automatically... People have mentioned shes just spoiled and is training me... But if thats the case what do I do? Should I just let her cry it out? She sleeps in our room so the 3 am wake up calls are hard to ignore =/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Maybe your baby is having a growthspurt and is hungry...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Tell those other people to leave you alone. I bet they never had braces. Well I have, and I can tell you that the pain is often unbearable. Numbing doesn't help when the ache is in your whole head and it is worse when you are lying down and not distracted by the days activities. I remember when my last baby tooth fell and my last molar came in too...that was no picnic. And I can't even imagine the pain a non-verbabl baby feels.

And as others have said on top of teething pain there is the hunger of a growth spurt and on top of that there are new milestones being learned at the same time. Continue to soothe your baby just as you are, try feeding more if she seems hungry, and just wait it out patiently with lots of cuddles.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:04 AM on Mar. 10, 2010