how did Michelle Duggar do it..?

Ive seen the show a bunch of times (19 kids and counting) but im just wondering how in the hell can one women give birth to 19 kids?? My great-grandma had 14 kids and my grandma had 8..i know the Duggars believe God gave them all those children but i mean come on..isant it unsafe for a women to have that many babies? im just wondering...

lyz826

Asked by lyz826 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She has a great medical team. :)
    She has had, (I think) six c-sections. (I could be wrong on that, but it is several.)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Its safe if you are taking care of your body. Which she does! Theres no way in hell I would have that many kids but to each their own. At least they are taking care of their kids and are great parents unlike some scum parents walking around our streets not giving a toot about their kids! The duggars are so frugal, meaning, they dont waste money, and I find that so great! What a great family they are. I think we can learn something from them!
    momtobe3209

Answer by momtobe3209 at 1:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• M great great grandmother had 22, with no multiples. She lived to be pretty old and so did all her kids. I think 19 of them lived to be in their 80's an 90's. I don't think it's unhealthy at all, as long as you eat right.
    Now the afterpains... that's another story. With my third, I thought I'd die. I don't even want to know how these ones will feel :(
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 2:08 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• There are slightly higher risks with grand multiparity (mainly placental issues) but it's only an increase from like 0.9% to 3.4%, but most studies don't show any greater risks to mom or baby's outcomes. There are slightly higher risks for hemorrhage and hysterectomy too, but still only slightly higher.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• it isn't necessarily unsafe, and not necessarily a great idea either... each pregnancy takes a toll on the mother, no matter how fantastic the medical care is, I think they have a faith that it will be okay and she just trusts in that.
    I don't know how she has done it, and certainly many women had huge problems with bladder incontinence, pelvic floor breakdown etc after this many babies... I guess the full ramifications, if any are either not part of the general public's business, or they have not shown heir ugly heads yet.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• If you take great care of yourself it is safe.
    My grandmother comes froma family of over 20 kids. My grandmother wanted somethng smaller and had 2 LOL.
    There are 10 in my family.
    6 boys and 4 girls.
    There were 11 but one brother died shortly after birth. He was number 2 born a year after me. The youngest babies are only a year old. Twin girls.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I think the only major concern is having so many c-sections. There is an upper limit to the number of c-sections you can have before your risk of complications increases.

I disagree that she really takes care of herself. How does she take care of herself? She doesn't exercise, they eat like crap from what I have seen, she's overweight and I'd imagine she's probably sleep deprived on a regular basis. She barely has time to recover from one pregnancy before getting pregnant again. With a family of that size that is homeschooled, her mind must be running on overdrive on a constant basis. I don't think that's the picture of health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• it's not safe. The chances of problems go up for both the woman and babies after the 5th child. They are playing a dangerous game. I have watched the show a few times she claims she has full support of her doctors yet some how after a few kids they switch. Hmmmm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• i read somewhere that after each boy they wait like 80 days to have sex again and after each girl they wait 75 or something like that i may be wrong with the excat numbers but its something like that. good for them for going for that many, but also her oldest kids are rasing the younger ones. theres no way shes rasing them all by herself.. i dont know its mixed feelings for me about them.
    Anonymous