Why do people answer questions with "why do you care?"

Over the last couple of days I've seen someone answer almost every question, even innocent ones, "why do you care?"

Do it REALLY matter why they care?

It's a Q&A section. None of these have been my question but when you ask "why do you care" in response to a question you come off as defensive and don't really answer the question.

I guess it just seems royally unhelpful and unncessarily definsive.

Why can't people just answer the question without trying to play counseler and analyze the purpose behind the question?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Mar. 10, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Because seriously. Why do you care? No. I am being totally serious. Analyze why you care. Really. There are questions on here that are soooo incredibly invasive or rude and the OP doesn't see it that way. So, sometimes people answer and add "why do you care" because really....WHY do you care?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Because some questions are non of peoples business.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:11 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• they have nothing better to say,
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Sometimes it gives some insight into where the initial question is coming from. A nagging mother in law telling you what to do with your toddler -- why do you care? could be because she has done a crap job with her own, could be that her advice is out-dated and dangerous, could be that she is a controlling MIL in all facets, could be that you feel demoralised... so the "why" is almost as important as the initial question sometimes.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• I agree with hot mama...
    Why do you really care why people say why do you care?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• Why do you care, that she cares,that they want to know why the other person not mestioned, that is not the person asking cares... haha just felt like giving a rediculous answer with the only purpose of making light of the situation, my appoligy if it is offensive to anyone, I just enjoy being happy, and being silly in slightly awkward situations is helpful in that for me.. haha have a good night
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Mar. 10, 2010

• They are just being combative. If it doesn’t pertain to them they shouldn’t answer but they sensitive to the question. That why they ask “Why do you care?” 

This area of the forum is for questions and answers.  Don't like the question then pass it by.

Anonymous